Any form of activity that engages your dog’s primary sense (his or her nose) is an excellent form of enrichment.
Scentwork has so many benefits…
- Increases mental enrichment for dogs of all ages, from puppies to older dogs with lower energy and physical capability.
- Can help improve your dog’s self-control by engaging his/her brain in an entirely natural way.
- Can increases your dog’s confidence so it is especially good for shy, anxious dogs.
- Can help build trust with a newly acquired rescue dog.
- Builds resilience and optimism in a sensitive dog.
- Helps develop a strong connection and relationship between handler/dog as you are working as a team.
So, whether you are looking for a competition sport or an activity that is fun for both you and your dog scentwork fits the bill.
Here at the Patch we teach Scentwork UK, which offers 8 Levels of progression set against a consistent national standard.
We offer a range of beginners, improvers and competitor level classes.
Competitive Scentwork UK trials are also held at Patch Dog Training offering students a chance to test their training.
Link for Scentwork UK Level 1 Exterior Items Search https://youtu.be/XNllTqLMPto
Updated July 2021