Terms and Conditions
PATCH DOG TRAINING
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Please ensure you have read and understood these terms and conditions before you make a booking. By placing a booking you are deemed to have read, understood and accepted them. Completion of the booking process and acceptance of our terms and conditions forms your contract with Patch Dog Training.
SAFETY AND HOUSEKEEPING
- Family members are always welcome in our classes but we require just one person to train your dog in class. Children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Please keep your dogs on leads at all times unless otherwise directed by your trainer.
- You are responsible for the behaviour and actions of your dog while attending training. The fun of training in a class is likely to excite your dog so keep a firm hold of your lead.
- Please respect the personal space of other dogs and ensure you stand at an appropriate distance until you are sure that the dogs will get along.
SAFETY AND HOUSEKEEPING GENERALLY
- Follow instructions at all times, including safety instructions and don’t use equipment when the trainer is not present.
- Equipment is designed for dog use NOT human use so please do not use as a human obstacle/hurdling course.
- Pick up after your dogs and do not allow dogs to pee in the training area or on the equipment – accidents do sometimes happen so let your trainer know so that the area can be washed down.
- It is your responsibility to ensure your dog is fit and healthy to attend training and is not suffering from any infectious disease that could be transmitted to other dogs. If in doubt about your dog’s health please consult a veterinarian.
- Please inform your trainer before your training session if your bitch is in season. Depending on location, you may not be able to attend.
- We use reward based training therefore harsh handling will not be tolerated. Your trainer reserves the right to request any persons to leave the premises if they are abusive to any other person or dog. We will not allow prong or choke chain collars, slip leads or extendible leads, particularly in classes. If you would like help with selecting equipment please let your trainer know.
- Any accidents or issues involving a person or dog must be reported immediately to the trainer. In the unlikely event of an altercation between dogs, stand back and allow the trainer to address it.
- Cars are parked at their owner’s risk. We do not accept any responsibility for theft or damage to cars or property whilst at training.
- Feel free to ask questions . More importantly, have fun and enjoy.
BOOKINGS, PAYMENTS AND CANCELLATIONS
- Payment of fees should be made two weeks before class start date. An online payment should be made on receipt of the email requesting payment. Payment can also be made using Paypal to firstname.lastname@example.org or, by arrangement, cash can be brought to the first class. It is not possible to attend a class or workshop without payment being received unless agreed in advance with Patch Dog Training.
- Under the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 you may cancel your purchase within a period of 7 working days beginning on the day after we send your booking confirmation. However, there is no right of cancellation where the course begins within this seven day period.
CLASSES AND WORKSHOPS
- Classes with rolling starts – once your booking is received your invoice will confirm with you your exact start date and which weeks you will be attending which will then be fixed and any changes or transfers are at the discretion of Patch Dog Training.
- Cancellations must be made at least 7 days in advance of the start of your class or the workshop date, otherwise your booking will be forfeit and you may be charged the full fee.
- Cancellations within 8 to 28 days of the start date, payment will be refunded minus a £10 administration charge.
- Cancellations over 28 days before the start date will be refunded.
- If the participant fails to attend the course, the full course fees are payable.
- A substitute participant may be named at any time before class or workshop at no additional cost.
PATCH DOG TRAINING
- Patch Dog Training aim to work with you and your dog using the least invasive methods for both of you. Our aim is to build on your relationship with your dog to create the best team.
- Patch Dog Training reserves the right to change the content, timing, dates, venue or instructor. We try to avoid this as much as possible but sometimes this is unavoidable, particularly with changes in the weather meaning we have to postpone a session.
- If we know in advance that the weather will not be suitable we will let you know, however, often the weather can be very changeable from hour to hour. If a booking is cancelled due to the weather, we will let everyone know as soon as we can at least an hour before the start of your class. We will then reschedule all the bookings to an alternative week or course date.
- Patch Dog Training will not be liable for any losses or expenses arising from amendments to the course or cancellations.
- Course materials, where relevant, are usually supplied after your course has completed. These are supplied for your personal use and must not be copied or forwarded without permission.
- The information on your registration /booking form will only be used as a record of you and your dog and to contact you in relation to dog training activities and will not be passed to any third parties.